Welcome!

I have started this blog with the idea to share my recipes that Im constantly e-mailing my friends and family. I think it will be grand to have this area to share my thoughts, my adventures in the kitchen, and my failures. I currently have a small baking/catering business that I run out of my home. I hope that one day, by doing the things I love, can expand into a shop- perhaps a pie shop. I am also studying for a BS in nutritional biology, to learn more about the foods we put into our bodies. I want to incorporate that knowledge with my love of cooking and health. Even though baking sweet treats is something I love to do, there will be a lot of recipes that are carb free, fat free and gluten free. I also like to garden, sew, and crochet, and I enjoy doing so with a martini in my hand and wearing a dress and high heels. I know I am a piece of work, but for all of you that know me-I'm silly, I love to cook, I mock out of love, and I'm excited to share my clumsy, funny, sightly tipsy (at times) adventures with you! Cawww!

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Roasted Peacock

As most of you know I just had jaw surgery  because my braces could not correct my deformed jaw.  I have been laying here for days now, with my face the size of a large melon.  Thank you everyone for sending me flowers, bringing me fun things like coloring books and stuffed animals (a chicken and a koala) and entertaining me via words with friends.  In the middle of my drug induced oblivion, I had to make a cheesecake for a client.  It took me an hour to figure how to get it out of the spring form pan (I never figured it out, Jason came and released it for me-thank goodness because I was about ready to throw it.)  Here is a photo of it, it looks like it came out pretty good.  I can hardly type right now, or hold up my large head to do so, I need a kickstand.  I'm just going to continue on with my day which consists of waking up, laying in the shower, strapping an ice sac to my face, falling in and out of sleep and itching myself with a large wooden fork because my pain meds make me itch and my acrylic nails fail at tickling me properly.  Soon I will be up, in the kitchen again and posting recipes.

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry you are having to go through this, Malissa. On the bright side, even feeling as you do you create amazing food art! YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous! Just like you....I wish I could beam down to entertain you...although the mother hen in me wants you to REST! Get better! I need some more healthy dinner options! xoxoxoxo J

    ReplyDelete